What type of personal information we collect
3C undertakes to collect your personal information only where it is necessary for the purposes of marketing our products and where requested distributing newsletters, licensing our products, updating our products, and responding to sales and technical queries.
In most circumstances this information will be limited to your contact details, including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, company, company ABN, company address, your job title and phone numbers. Where orders are made online using credit card details, all information is securely transmitted in an encrypted format to 3C.
When do we collect personal information
3C collects personal information when you complete one of the following actions:
- Order products from 3C;
- Lodge a technical support query regarding 3C products of services;
- Participate in 3C promotional activities or surveys;
- Where you forward information to us in an email or as a hard copy document; and
- Other circumstances where collecting personal information is reasonable and permitted by the Laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
How we manage personal information
3C undertakes to take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information collected by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete and stored securely.
When your personal information is no longer required for the purposes which 3C uses personal information, all commercially reasonable steps will be undertaken to securely destroy that information.
How will your personal information be used
3C may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- Marketing 3C products;
- Fulfilling orders for 3C products;
- Updating 3C products;
- Responding to inquiries about 3C products; and
- Fulfill all legal requirements of 3C with respect to your personal information.
3C considers personal information we collect about you to be confidential and will not disclose such information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to your personal information being provided to a third party;
- Where 3C is required by law to disclose your information; and
- Where 3C discloses personal information to the related entities of 3C.
- Gaining access to your personal information held by 3C.
Except in circumstances where access to your personal information may be denied by the Privacy Act or other Law of the State of Victoria, Australia, your personal information will be provided to you upon request to 3C Privacy Officer. Please find contact details for our Privacy Officer below.
Correcting your personal information held by 3C
3C appreciates you informing us if you have reason to believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or not updated.
Privacy office contact details
For more information in relation to the above or queries regarding 3C’s collection, use and storage of your personal information please email email@example.com